- Open Adobe Illustrator (any version from 5 up).
- Go to File > New.
- At the bottom of the window in the status bar area, there is a menu that displays the current tool (by default). The menu can be changed to display other options by clicking on the menu.
- Hold down Alt+Shift (Windows) or Option+Shift (Mac).
While holding down these keys, click on the menu and you will have additional options to display several fun facts.
- The hidden options may vary depending on your version of Illustrator. Some include the Moon Phase, Eyes, Days 'til Christmas, Mouse Clicks, and Random Number.
- Hitting the Shift key when "Illustrator Units Sold" is displayed will change the number.